- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 50 g of dried wild mushrooms
- 8 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 small cans of whole peeled tomatoes with juice
- 1lb of spaghetti
- 4 tbl of butter
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 2 tbl of minced basil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbl of minced onion in oil
- 1 cup of the leafy end of a leek diced
- 4 boneless pork cutlets, sliced into 1/2 inch strips and then each strip cut in half.
- 1 Italian Sausage cut into four pieces lengthwise and then diced
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half. ( I just had to get rid of them)
- 1 tsp salt
- Parmesan cheese to taste
First I am going to take the dried wild mushrooms and with a meat tenderizer pound them a bit to break a bit and crush a bit. Place the dried mushrooms in a shallow bowl and add 1/2 cup of red wine and a half a cup of chicken stock and let soak for a couple of hours. Afterwards strain the mushrooms, but save the liquid for later.
In a sauce pan place your butter and melt on medium high heat. Add your mushrooms, garlic, basil, onion, and sausage. Cook until sausage is half done and then add your pork.
At anytime if your pan begins to dry out add a bit of your wine and chicken stock mixture.
While the pork is cooking add your cherry tomatoes and green leafy part of your leek. Stir in and incorporate, add your chili flakes, the rest of your wine and chicken stock and let reduce by half.
Once reduced add your whole peeled tomatoes along with any excess juice. I like to crush the tomatoes between my fingers so make sure your fingers are clean. Add your pepper and salt and continue to cook until the sauce reduces enough so that it coats your spatula without running off. Of course during this whole process don’t forget to boil your water and cook your pasta. Plate and sprinkle some parmesan cheese over top, as much as you like of course