Saw a nice pasta dish over at “Better When Broken,” that I just had to try, and of course would have to modify. The modification you ask? Well by taking the traditional Caprese salad ingredients of this dish and adding some bacon and onion.
- 1lb Penne Pasta
- 2 Tbl Chopped Garlic In Oil
- 2 Tbl of Minced Basil
- 1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes Slice lengthwise
- 1/4 Cup of Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Cup of Fresh cut Buffalo Mozzarella
- 14 Fresh basil leaves chopped
- 8 Slice of English Bacon cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 onion sliced into 1/4 inch rings
In a pot of water add a tbl of your olive oil and bring to a boil. In a saute pan add a 1/4 cup of olive oil and heat on medium heat. Add your onions, tomatoes, chopped garlic, and minced basil to the oil and cook uncovered. As the pan begins to dry out add your chicken stock and bacon. Cook until onions are translucent and bacon is cooked.
When pasta is done strain and pour mixture of your saute pan over the pasta and toss. Add your fresh basil and fresh buffalo mozzarella on top of the pasta and serve.